Skip to main content

Reply to this post | Go Back
View Post [edit]

Poster: vicmizzy Date: Apr 25, 2007 3:09pm
Forum: movies Subject: Rear Screen Movies

I'm looking for a source of the old rear screen movies shown as people were driving down the road. I'd love to find something from the 40's or 50's. I'm working on a project where I need vintage footage to be used while my actors pretend to drive.

Any help would be greatful.

Reply to this post
Reply [edit]

Poster: Rick Prelinger Date: Apr 25, 2007 5:13pm
Forum: movies Subject: Re: Rear Screen Movies

They are called "process plates." I don't know of sources for them outside the studio libraries. However, the Warner and Columbia process plate libraries are licensed through Getty Images.